So it is officially Tuesday, August 26th. There is something very important about today. Today is the day I fly out from Toronto and leave Jono & Laynie. I can hardly believe I am leaving today, and I can hardly believe that my internship with J&L has come to a close. It actually insane to me how fast time flew by. You know those moments as a young adult when you would hear from grandma or grandpa for the THOUSANDTH time how “time flies” or the classic story closer, “it was is as if it were only yesterday.” Well I officially am grandma or grandpa because time DID fly and it DOES seem as if it were only yesterday that I arrived in Canada. Below I made a list of my top ten favorite moments (in random order, consider yourself warned) of my internship, and of course, pictures J
- Learning to shoot film. This was seriously my top thing I wanted to learn in the internship before coming and I was THRILLED to get my hands on J&L’s Pentax/Canon film cameras.
- Creative shoot. You will be seeing a black and white film piece Layne and I did for fun this summer and I fully enjoyed wading in murky water to get shots of our subject. Also, the fish friends I made were quite fabulous.
- My first day. I remember I was sooooo ecstatic about my first day working and I went crazy and felt like I did so much, but it was simply refreshing to just do what you love and for it to be called “work”.
- My roommates and I’s first conversation. This summer I had two roommates that I shared a apartment with and I will always remember our first actual conversation together. We were sitting in our living room just getting to know each other and were laughing so hard and so loud, its like we had known each other for years.
- Dairee Delight Shoot. That was seriously tons of fun, and everyone just ate ice cream all day. Who can really not love that?
- My trip to the Bruce Peninsula. My birthday was this summer (July 28 YAY!) and my roommate and friend whisked me away to the roomies hometown of Lions Head. I almost lost my voice shouting how beautiful all the scenery was, and her family quite simply made my 19th my favorite birthday.
- Bridal Session with Horses. Some of you may have seen pictures already of Lara and Evan’s bridal session with Estralita (beauteous mare). I’ve loved horses since I was like 12 soo it was basically heaven.
- Engagement on a Boat in Toronto. The three of us (Jon, Layne, Me) were like kids in a candy shop the moment this beautiful wooden boat pulled into harbor and we knew WE had THAT boat to shoot an engagement shoot on? HECK. To the. YES.
- Walks with Layne. One night specifically Layne and I were going to do yoga together and instead I convinced her to get donuts (Literally I texted her.. donuts instead of yoga? Text back: YES.) So we walked along the river and ate timbits. It was marvelous.
- This is a particular type of moment I have always loved. Driving on a Sunday at sunset with the windows down and music blaring. My one roommate and I were driving back from lunch and we turned on Hunter Hayes, rolled down all the windows, danced like psychos, and soaked up the setting sun. Ugh, always my favorite moments.
Readers, thank you for being a lovely audience for my intern blog posts. This has been a key part of my internship and I have loved every second of writing these posts. Have a wonderful rest of your summer.