Can I just point out that it's already November 13th? Like, where did the time go? I know I had two months here but it feels like two days! I'm glad I'm coming back next summer, otherwise this would just be too sad. As my time is wrapping up, I've been thinking of all the many, many things I've learned from Jon and Layne (they truly are the bee's knees.)
1. I've learned how to batch edit. For those of you who don't know what that is, it helps edit photos much faster and is incredible. How did I work without this before?!
2. How to turn the "beep" on my camera off. Now I don't have go crazy listening to a beep every time I press my shutter button lol.
3. How to make lemonade out of…apples. Sometimes, situations provide terrible lighting or bad weather but it forces you to get creative and figure out how to still create a beautiful photo even when the conditions aren't ideal.
4. I like coffee… (This is kind of random..) (Side note: I didn't really let myself like coffee too much before because I didn't want to be addicted…uh oh.)
5. As far as advertising goes, don't put all your eggs in one basket. To reach the maximum amount of people for your business, you gotta get yourself into several different social medias. I am now investing in 5 different ones haha!
6. The art of blogging. It's a great tool but takes a lot of creativity and thought. Having to do an intern blog post each week has stretched my writing side and I love it!
7. Quick adaptation. Shooting 3 weddings with Layne and Jon had me on my feet and ready for anything. It's helped me to be aware at all times for those sweet moments.
8. Above and beyond customer service. Layne and Jon always are going above and beyond with their clients, making sure they feel valued, blessed and are provided with quality photographs. It's how I would want to be treated and how I want to treat my future clients.
9. It's good to rest. As a freelance photographer, we make our own schedules so it's easy to never stop working. But taking a day off is so needed and so healthy! :)
10. Taking constructive criticism well is the fastest way to grow. Layne and Jon are super great showing me where I can do better or try different things. I love being able to work under people who aren't afraid to tell me what's wrong so I can grow to be a better photographer and person. :)
Obviously, I've learned so many more things but it would take me forever to list them all. I guess my point is, Jon and Layne are not only great photographers, they are also great teachers. And it's so great to be able to watch and learn from them. Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!