As you know, we're excessively
1. grateful for our lives
2. grateful for those we meet along the way.
This year has been full and here are a few of the highlights that stand out, in no particular order:
1. We've had an Incredible group of couples/weddings/shoots this year. We couldn't be more happy with how our photography/videography business is going. From weddings to births, engagements and newborn lifestyle sessions, we've met the most incredible people. The photos below barely begin to tell the story of this past year.
Friends, thank you for entrusting us with capturing your memories.
2. We continued to work with our Status: Welcomed girls throughout this year and it was The Best Thing Ever. Idun is now back in Norway, Cat is in Australia, Bethan is in England and Hannah is in Washington, but they live on in our hearts. And we're just waiting for the week when they can make it back to our table for another family dinner.
(Yes, they're the kind of friends who will fold our laundry with us. We can't say enough good things about them to do their wonderfulness justice, and as space is limited, we'll keep going.)
3. In January we traveled to Australia with Catherine, Layne's sister. (She's not shown in these photos, don't bother looking.)
Side note: Those photos are all from our film camera, our travel companion of choice.
4. Then we went on to New Zealand, also with Catherine, and met up with some of our beloved friends, Naomi, Lulu, Sam and Sarah.
5. In a surprising turn of events, Laynie went back to New Zealand later in the year to spend time with our Status:Welcomed girls while they were on tour.
6. We had an intern named Steph who was also a model-the cute one on the right.
6b. We had an intern named Hannah who was also staff for our track girls. She's even more Amazing than she looks; trust us.
We are grateful for all they gave to Jono Laynie this year. Our intern record is beginning to look impressive indeed.
7. We traveled to Hawaii twice to teach photography, videography, relationships and communication. Weeee.
8. Laynie was able to go down to Atlanta for her sister's birthday weekend; the girls are already scheming to make it a yearly event.
9. We've also made lots of sweet memories with friends-both those in town and those visiting. We truly do know the Very Best sorts of people.
10. We opened an office space with these guys:
10b. And with this girl:
We love, love, LOVE going to the office-almost daily-and spending our long hours in such a happy space.
11. We had an Open House to celebrate this new office/photo studio venture. We had too, too many Awesome people attend to put all the photos here, but here's a smattering.
You get the idea.
12. Back in March, we also co-hosted a wedding photography workshop with the incredibly talented Ash Nayler. That was a lot of fun and sealed our friendship with Ash forever. We also learned heaps along the way.
Here are a couple of sweet images we took that day.
13. I think we forgot to mention that Laynie flew down to Paraguay in March to surprise our track girls. She got to live with them and a tribe in the wilds of Paraguay for over a week.
14. We were able to go to Kentucky twice in the last couple of months.
...once for a wedding of some dear friends and then more recently to party it up for Christmas with the fam. It was the first time since we've been together that we've had a Kentucky Christmas; it was long overdue.
So thanks, 2015, you've been rather a dear.
We can't wait to meet you and your adventurous spirit + love, 2016.
Masses, let us know in the comment section what some of your 2015 highlights were and we'll meet you back here in this blog space next year with more tales and ponderings.