We've been rather silent this week, perhaps lulling you into sense that life has been dull over here. It has not, in fact. It's been full, not wild and a little quirky too.
Though our life currently looks like
we've been having fun.
A few things you should know about our life right now since we haven't had time to hang out with...well, anyone.
1. Our sweet PhotogenX team has been with us here in Brantford since July and are leaving at the end of September. We've been working with them since last April and they've made their way into the very deepest places of our hearts. They launched their refugee-awareness project today; check it out:
2. We are house shopping and have been since July. It's already been an intense process which we shan't go into...but suffice it to say, we'll be oh-so-happy when it's said and done and we have a set of keys in our hands.
3. After two months of a dry spell, I've actually finished two books in September. It felt good.
4. We still love what we do. We can't tell you the level of exhaustion that's been slowly but surely creeping in, but it's been worth every kilometre driven, every drop of sweat. Not that we're counting, but we easily work an average of 60-70 hours a week right now. That's why you haven't seen us. We'll be back for a tea in February...if we can crawl out of bed.
Don't worry; we still take a weekly day off to keep us sane.
5. Did we mention that Laynie is going to New Zealand for a few days in October? She's going with the our girls (see #1) to help launch their tour and say goodbye. You can expect to see her with red-rimmed eyes for the rest of the month.
6. Jono's sister Amanda is getting married in November (yay!) We are incredibly happy for her and her Mickel and will be the official photographers at the big shindig.
(photo cred on the last two pics goes to Hannah!)
7. Speaking of marriage, we've been asked to teach on relationships and photography (in two separate teachings) this November in Hawaii.
More on this and the behind-the-scenes coming to a blog near you soon.
And speaking of upcoming things on our blog-we have a sweet wedding coming tomorrow so stay tuned.