1. Our neighbours. We loooove the Tozers and seeing them every day is good for our souls. Living on a street with all our friends is basically one of my top-5 dreams in life. This is a lovely start in the right direction.
Also, they're pretty cute (it's nice to always walk out the door to be greeted by good-looking people. Just makes the whole day look a bit brighter.)
2. Our backyard. It's still a hot mess right now, but it's going to be magical. Stay tuned.
3. Having laundry at our house (!) We do laundry constantly. For the five years we were in our 1-bedroom apartment, we didn't have onsite laundry and rotated between doing laundry at Jono's parents (thanks, Jim and Shirley) and other random options. It was trying and time-consuming to say the least. Nothing makes us happier than the chance to do laundry whenever we have the whim.
4. Our fireplace display. Seeing so many friends every day makes my heart happy. I won't get tired of this.
5. Did we mention Tamarah and Jordan (and O and F)? Some days we only see them in passing, but it's been delightful.
6. Tamarah and I have long been believers in Wine Wednesday but living kilmometers (and miles!) apart was never helpful when Wednesday night rolled around and we were tired. Since moving in across from each other, we have almost a perfect attendance record.
You will probably find me in a particularly good mood on Wednesdays. Check in with me then.
7. Having a spare bedroom. We love the idea of hosting people but previous visitors were relegated to our living room couch or Jonathan's parents. Now we have not one but two spare bedrooms.
8. Having more space. If one of us wants to have friends over, the other person has somewhere to go and doesn't have to leave our home. This is both convenient and budget-friendly.
We could go on and on-we are literally grateful every single day about the magic of our new home. We are excited to see you there.