I'm not going to lie, I've been a little obsessed with nesting these days and all the hours working on our home has somehow lead to me craving homemade bread. Or did the craving for homemade bread come first?
I love baking, and I can always tell if I have a good work/life balance because it means I'm baking.
So due to said cravings, recently it's been bread.
I love bread. I've always loved bread. I will always love bread.
(I took this basic bread recipe and added a layer of cinnamon and sugar to have the dough, because let's be honest, I love me some cinnamon sugar.)
I got the following recipe from Taste of Home:
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 30 min. + cooling (4 hours)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (I use olive oil)
- 6-1/4 to 6-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).