Next week is the international holiday known as... my birthday (hardy har har). So that has got me thinking about my whole 19 (almost 19) years and the day that I will look back while showing my friends and children pictures (we'll do that in the future right??) and have to explain what the heck I was doing with my life. Today in this era, being current or "modern" is the main banner every young adult holds as they march and shout down the street we know as life. I personally, strive (not really succeed) to be at the forefront of the crowd. Taking risks at the expense of being trendy is bound to give you fads and choices you will regret. So, in the honor of laughter and the art of reminiscing, here are some current photos (and picture-less points) of the little things I, myself, love and obsess about but will most likely truly regret in the future.
2. Dressing like the 90's. I grew up loving full house and crushing on John Stamos, what do you expect?
3. Flower crowns. Judge me all you want, I love them, want them, and wear them.. however I know for a fact I will want to burn every photo of me in this phase in about 20 years. (Oh well:)
4. Emojis. I am fluent in emojis. Hopefully I will never have to mention a funny story and explain the other persons response was the in-love face emoji with a gun. HA! (I already sound senile.)
5. Mustaches. I wonder how I will redeem the cool factor of having a fake mustache on in every party picture and wearing shirts with facial hair printed on the front......
6. Crazy lipsticks. Yes, I have lilac purple, orange, bright blue, neon pink, and the darkest red that is basically black. (and I wear them all.)
8. Voice recordings. I'm obsessed with using voice message apps and I'm sure they will come back to haunt me with my slang such as "I can't even", "LITERALLY", "Freaking" (used before anything and everything), my high pitch recording voice in general, "But SERIOUSLY/ACTUALLY", and (the I actually say this phrase) "totes".
9. Fake glasses. Oh, fake glasses. I always wanted to wear fake glasses (since I was like 8). So when I moved to Hawaii last year (New Identity, riiiiiiighhhhhht?) I wore them every day of class for the first 2 weeks. Its only been a year but every time I see a photo of myself, my soul moans. (she actually needs her glasses.)
10. Pictures of my food/from where I stand instagram posts (Someone is bound to go back on an intsagram app in twenty years to creep). I can't even explain why I do it..... it just happens. And I know its a mistake.
Happy Tuesday Everyone! xoxo